Sale of Shares Agreement
For whatever reason you may need to sell shares in your company? Maybe you have an investor wishing to come on board, have a new shareholder or two, or simply want to get the heck out of the company. Whatever the reason, Legal Legends has you covered!
Our template allows for an inexpensive way in which almost all aspects of the sale of shares, by providing a unique table at the end which allows you to select which parts of the agreement you would like to include or exclude, as well as further customisable aspects.
If you have any queries now, feel free to give us a call on 011 083 8332 or initiate a live chat on the bottom of this page.
What is a Sale of Shares Agreement?
A Sale of Shares Agreement is an contract, normally in writing, that sets out all terms and conditions which regulate the sale of shares in a company.
A Sale of Shares Agreement is regarded as an “Instrument of Transfer” which is required by the 2008 Companies Act in order to legally transfer shares in a company.
Clauses that may be contained in a Sale of Shares Agreement
- Records the purchase price or method for determining the purchase price;
- The rights and obligations of both parties;
- In the event of a dispute, how it may be resolved;
- Representations and/or warranties that the buyer and/or seller may provide to each;
- Any indemnifications that might be provided by either the seller or buyer to each other;