A sub-contractor agreement is an agreement between a prime contractor, who is responsible for the master contract, for a defined piece of work or the production or delivery of a specific good.
There are many variations of a subcontracting arrangement. These usually arise as a result of the complexity or specialised nature of a skill required to execute the subcontract.
The key elements are:
- the existence of a prime contract under which the sub contract exists;
- a defined scope of work/specific outcome;
- what happens in the event of delays;
- termination and dispute resolution; and
- incorporation of aspects of the master contract.
Given the specialised nature of these documents, having a bespoke agreement drafted for your specific needs may be of significant value to you and your business.